Gratitude Sunday–Patience, a Great Virtue

Gratitude Sunday

Today is the day that I like to remind myself of the many things I am grateful for.  I participate in Colline’s Gratitude Project.  You can participate too!

My gratitude this week goes to anyone and everyone who is patient.  Patience is a virtue that few people seem to cultivate anymore.  If you are patient, then you are special and deserve all the recognition in the world!

Patience

The holiday season is in full swing and it appears that everywhere I go people are cross with one another and rude.  I know that everyone wants to get the perfect gifts for their loved ones.  I understand that.  I just want everyone to breathe, and step back.  Relax.

Marketing has become a lifestyle. Recognize that and move on.  Respect your fellow humans and treat others as you wish to be treated.

Remember:

miracles

(Image credit: Wishful Thinking)

What are you grateful or thankful for this week?  Have you been patient?

Thanks for stopping by to chat.  I love spending time with you all!

ST signature

20 thoughts on “Gratitude Sunday–Patience, a Great Virtue”

1. Colleen, I can’t help but think of and mention what I just saw, read—and bought—just two days ago: the newest book by Mo Willems called WAITING IS NOT EASY! The ending is so great and SO unexpected! Love it 🙂

2. Luckily I’m not having to do lots of shopping. I’m grateful because a good friend will come to visit me after Christmas and we’ll enjoy each other’s company and a bit of sightseeing, weather permitting.

• All I have left to do is get the gift cards for my grand children this week and get them mailed. They are all old enough to pick out their own clothes now. It is just easier this way for them to get what they want. It sounds like you will have a nice time. <3

3. Yes, indeed, and not forgetting how I reacted too my £6,000 gas bill either. I just turned the whole thing into a humorous post on my blog. The stress I felt at the beginning, when I first discovered the error, was soon replaced with something I enjoy doing so much – writing 🙂

4. I was very patient with the Virgin Atlantic check-in staff at JFK last week and you know what that resulted in, Colleen 🙂

It’s not worth getting into an argument with anyone, as it just causes stress and spreads ill feeling. I always stay calm, be polite, or walk away from it.

• I was thinking of you yesterday Hugh with your infinite amount of patience at a time when you could have just lost it. Instead, you were kind and caring. Compassion is always rewarded as you well know. <3

5. I am grateful for many things today , the visit with my dad, the ingredients to make dinner, the little messages from my grand children and the list goes on , gratitude is one of the most important lessons if you like; that I received in my life. The power that lies within gratitude always amazes me ; one can be almost in the company of despair and gratitude for at least 3 things, simple things can elevate the spirit to new heights. Lovely post here thank you.
    Kind Regards Kathy

6. I can only agree with you Colleen on the need to be patient during the shopping season. One knows that queues are going to be long and crowds are going to make shopping a little slower than usual. All one can do is relax and try not to rush about so much. Being impolite is not going to help the shopping experience at all.

7. Very good reminder. I am glad I stressed myself a little during the past two weeks. Now I am done with most of the preparations and I can enjoy the days and atmosphere before Christmas.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

%d bloggers like this: