Mission Accomplished – Stage ONE
Today, I am excited to share that I have finished the FIRST draft of my YA novel, The Swamp Fairy.
I know I still have much to do and there is plenty of work to get on with in the editing process. I have a word count of 68,433. Not bad for a first effort considering this grand idea was hatched in my brain during a walk near the swamps where we lived in Pensacola, Florida in November of 2014.
Technically, this is a rewrite of my first original draft which I think I had to write to get it out of my system. Once I did that, I began to develop a real plot with characters my readers could care about. I must give credit to Christine, of the Better Novel Project. I used her outline template to guide me on my journey, or I should say my “hero’s” journey!
Thank you, all of my friends for your encouragement. I can’t wait until this dream is further along the road to becoming a true reality!