Book Reviews & WHY They Matter
As an avid reader, I have spent the last few years reviewing books on my blog and on other websites that help to promote Indy Authors. It has been an honor to read and review over one hundred and forty books in the last couple of years.
There are several reasons why I engaged in the review process:
- Writing a review has been my way of saying thank you to the author. Writing a book is a long and detailed process, and as an author, I know how much work I put into my own writing. I can think of no better way to let an author know that I appreciated all the hard work they put into writing a novel other than helping to spread the word of their success.
- My reviews contributed to spreading the word to other readers about authors and books that I enjoyed. I have always felt that I was performing a public service to other readers by sharing my thoughts in our blogging community.
- I have written reviews in such a way as to not damage the reputation of the author. Even if I did not like the book, I found ways to express my opinion in a nice way. In fact, there have not been many books that I haven’t enjoyed. This just goes to show the quality of authors and material in the Indy community.
- Reviews help the author, and those positive rankings play into the Amazon algorithm. More reviews = More sales, which lead to a higher ranking in the Amazon community. The end result is exposure to more people interested in buying books.
- I have solicited and received free manuscripts and copies of most of the books I reviewed. If you love to read, this is the best incentive yet, to start reviewing books.
Image Credit: ElizabethNoyesWrites.com
Image credit: DeborahJayAuthor.com
Check out these links for more information on writing reviews:
So, the next time you are reading a novel, think about leaving a review. Indy authors everywhere will thank you.
I am always looking for reviews of The Heart Stone Chronicles: The Swamp Fairy. If you’re interested, leave me a reply in the comments section.
ATTENTION AUTHORS & BOOK REVIEWERS
In fact, if you are an author looking for a review, leave a comment with a link to your book. That will enable readers with a way to contact you. HAPPY REVIEWING! ❤
Gotta DASH! Time to write some more reviews!