“The New Moon,” #Gogyohka
For months now, it’s been my goal to join in some other poetry challenges, other than my own. Today was finally that day! Many thanks to a chance encounter on Twitter, Frank Tassone reminded me he would be at dVerse, the Poets Pub. Just click the link below to learn more and join in:
“This month is National Tanka Month or #NaTankaMo. In honor of this celebration of tanka, I would like to focus on three of the 5-line Japanese forms: tanka, kyoka and gogyohka.
New to dVerse? Here’s what you do:
- Write a five (5)-line Japanese-form poem of your choice: tanka, kyoka or gogyohka.
- Post it on your personal site/blog.
- Include a link back to dVerse in your post.
- Copy your link onto the Mr. Linky.
- Remember to click the small checkbox about data protection.
- Read and comment on some of your fellow poets’ work.
- Like and leave a comment below if you choose to do so.
I’ve been writing more Gogyohka, as of late. I like the breathy phrases. I also like the freedom to follow a s/l/s/l/l syllable count.
Today, May 22, 2020 is the new moon. You can read about that here. Be prepared for changes…
“The New Moon,” Gogyohka
Gemini new moon—
dreams and illusions set adrift
heading into the unknown
©2020 Colleen M. Chesebro
Read: This Jupiter Retrograde Has A Spooky Coronavirus Connection, HERE.