Hugh, from “Hugh’s Views and News,” is doing a special blog event. Hugh, and the sweet angel Angela on top of his Christmas tree, would like us to help him raise up to £250 for charity. If you’d like to take up Hugh and Angela’s challenge then here’s what you need to do. Hugh SAYS:
“1. Take a picture of what is on top of your Christmas tree.
2. Start a new blog post called “Here’s what’s on Top of my Christmas Tree – what’s on Yours?”
3. Detail in the post that you are helping Angela and Hugh raise up to £250 for charity, by showing everybody what is on top of your Christmas tree.
4. Link your post back to this post by using a Pingback so other participants can see what is on top of your Christmas tree. Pingbacks are easy to set up and I’ve given full instructions on how to set one up further down this post.
5. If you have problems with a Pingback, then just leave a comment with a link to your post in the comments section of this post.
You can take part in this challenge anytime between now and Monday 5th January 2015. Then, on Twelfth Night (6th January), I’ll announce which tree topper Angela has chosen as her winner before she goes back in her box to sleep until next December. The winner, if they accept, can then write a guest post for my blog.
I will give £1 to charity for every Pingback or comment, which includes a link to a post that shows what is on top of the author’s Christmas Tree, up to a maximum of £250. I’ll announce which charity Angela and I have chosen, along with the amount raised, in my Twelfth Night post on 6th January.
How to set up a Pingback to Hugh’s post.
1. Include and highlight the words “Angela and Hugh” in your blog post.
2. Click on the icon that looks like a piece of chain (it’s the right hand icon underneath the “add Contacts Form” on the page you write a new post. If you hover over it with your mouse, it says “Insert/Edit link”). A new window will then open.
3. In the URL box of the new window which has just opened, enter the web address of this post. You can copy the address from your web browser’s window/bar and then paste it directly into the URL box.
4. In the Title box enter “Angela and Hugh’s Christmas Tree Topper Challenge”.
5. Put a tick in the box entitled “Open link in a new window/tab”.
6. Click on “Add Link”.
The Pingback will then be set up.
Please don’t have any hesitation in contacting Hugh at Hugh’s Views and News if you are having any problems setting up a Pingback, as he will be more than happy to help.
Hugh said to please feel free to reblog this post so that others can also take part and, if you like, then why not join Angela and I and set up your own challenge and raise some money for charity over this Christmas and New Year season? You can use the same challenge as Angela and I have chosen if you like.
If you don’t have a Christmas Tree or anything on the top of your Christmas tree, then why not write a post and include a picture about the best thing that has happened to you in 2014, and link it back to this post and help me achieve my target of £250 for charity.
I’ll leave you with a few other pictures of our Christmas decorations and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.”
Hugh, I looked around for a few trinkets to add to my Florida Driftwood Christmas Tree. Mind you it is not large, so my pictures are of a small space:
Here is my angel on top of my tree and a wooden teddy bear with Ron’s and my name on it from 1991. The Koala bear was something that my Dad and Step Mother brought back from New Zealand many years ago when I was a teen (so you know it is OLD).
This is a better view of our tiny driftwood tree. I added the shells from Pensacola Beach because my grand children picked them up for me last Christmas.
Special thanks to Hugh for sponsoring such a great event. So get busy! WHAT’S ON TOP OF YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE?
Thanks for spending some time with me today. I will see again!