For my Word Snap Weekly challenge this week, sponsored by Amanda of Unique Art Chic, I would like to add a Tanka poem to celebrate warmer temperatures (for today only) and the return to fog and rainy mornings here in Pensacola, Florida.
What is a Tanka, you ask? Here is what The Poem Workshop says:
- A tanka must be EXACTLY 5 lines.
- The lines must follow the 5-7-5-7-7 format.
- The 1st & 3rd lines contain 5 syllables.
- All remaining lines contain 7 syllables.
- A tanka usually expresses a mood, thought, or feeling.
- A tanka does not have to rhyme.
Have a fabulous Sunday everyone. I will see you all again,