I’m thrilled to announce the paperback release of “The Curse of Time,” by my dear friend, and Sister of the Fey, M. J. Mallon
It’s always a pleasure when you can support another author, and the fact that Marje and I have become friends over the years makes it even more satisfying.
Marje is a great supporter of our blogging community. She’s an active reader and writes book reviews, too. She began a Facebook Group called the Authors Bloggers Rainbow Support Club (#ABRSC) where an active community of authors shares news, writing techniques, and advice to new authors. I have learned so much from these interactions. ❤
Let’s get to the reason why we’re all here! Marje’s paperback release!
“Fifteen-year-old Amelina Scott lives in Cambridge with her dysfunctional family, a mysterious black cat, and an unusual girl who’s imprisoned within the mirrors located in her house. When an unexpected message arrives inviting her to visit the Crystal Cottage, she sets off on a forbidden pathway where she encounters Ryder, a charismatic, but perplexing stranger. With the help of a magical paint set, and some crystal wizard stones she discovers the truth about a shocking curse that has destroyed her family’s happiness. A magical YA fantasy set in Cambridge, England.”
Marje (M. J.) has added some special features to the paperback. Two illustrations by the esteemed artist, Carolina Russo have found their way into this edition. Read the post HERE to hear more about this exciting collaboration. I’ve only shared one of the images below.
The Creature, Eruterac, from The Curse of Time by Carolina Russo
The above image is under Copyright ©Carolina Russo: https://yesterdayafter.com
Meet M.J. Mallon
I am a debut author who has been blogging for three years at my lovely blog home Kyrosmagica: https://mjmallon.com. My interests include writing, photography, poetry, and alternative therapies. I write Fantasy YA, middle-grade fiction and micro poetry – haiku and Tanka. I love to read and have written over 100 reviews: https://mjmallon.com/2015/09/28/a-z-of-my-book-reviews/
My alter ego is MJ – Mary Jane from Spiderman. I love superheroes! I was born on the 17th of November in Lion City: Singapore, (a passionate Scorpio, with the Chinese Zodiac sign a lucky rabbit,) second child and only daughter to my proud parents Paula and Ronald. I grew up in a mountainous court in the Peak District in Hong Kong with my elder brother Donald. My parents dragged me away from my exotic childhood and my much-loved dog Topsy to the frozen wastelands of Scotland. In Bonnie Edinburgh, I mastered Scottish country dancing and a whole new Och Aye lingo.
As a teenager, I traveled to many far-flung destinations to visit my abacus wielding wayfarer dad. It’s rumoured that I now live in the Venice of Cambridge, with my six-foot hunk of a Rock God husband, and my two enchanted daughters. After such an upbringing my author’s mind has taken total leave of its senses! When I’m not writing, I eat exotic delicacies while belly dancing, or surf to the far reaches of the moon. To chill out, I practise Tai Chi. If the mood takes me I snorkel with mermaids or sign up for idyllic holidays with the Chinese Unicorn, whose magnificent voice sings like a thousand wind chimes.
Want to know some fun facts about Marje?
- I wish I could be wonder woman or MJ from Spiderman.
- I adore crystals, alternative therapies, the unusual and the strange. I’m a qualified Aromatherapist, Reflexologist, (I no longer work as a therapist instead I devote my spare time to reading, writing, blogging and reviewing.)
- Some say that I am a white witch…my blogging friends confer and have included me in the Sisters of The Fey, a writerly collaboration.
- My husband can’t remember asking me to marry him and neither can I. He suspects I cast a spell on him!
- I have travelled to many foreign destinations, including: Papua New Guinea, Fiji, the Caribbean, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Rome, Venice, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Portugal. I would love the funds to travel some more!
- I currently work as a receptionist in a massive building, home to twenty companies. In quiet moments I observe peoples’ mannerisms, listen to snippets of gossip and dream up new story ideas.
- I love food! Asian food and anything spicy, yum…My mother is Malaysian and my father is Scottish so I grew up with a very varied diet.
- My motto is to do what you love! Stay true to your heart’s desires, remain young at heart, and inspire others to do so, even if the odds are stacked against you like black-hearted shadows.
- I studied Communication Studies at University, (marketing, media studies, public relations, etc.) My degree is coming in mighty handy now.
- I love cats but don’t own one (my husband and daughter are allergic,) so I adopted a virtual black cat called Lily who looks like my black cat character Shadow in my book: https://mjmallon.com/2017/05/17/shadow-welcomes-lily-the-cat-to-kyrosmagica/
- I have so many writing projects and so little time! I am a writing butterfly so this pains me greatly!
- I am an original! I have been to every single Bloggers Bash until now. http://sachablack.co.uk/annual-bloggers-bash/
- I have met the inventor of The Corpus Christi Chronopage clock – Dr John C Taylor, OBE who kindly gave me permission to use his images in my book. http://www.johnctaylor.com/the-chronophage/
- I interview my fictional characters on my blog. Currently, you can meet:
The Creature: https://mjmallon.com/2018/02/20/mj-interviews-the-creature/Esme The Mirror Girl:https://mjmallon.com/2018/02/23/mj-interviews-esme-the-mirror-girl/
Marjorie (M. J.) Mallon’s Social Media Connections
Authors Website: https://mjmallon.com
Collaborative blog: https://sistersofthefey.wordpress.com
Twitter: @Marjorie_Mallon and @curseof_time
My Facebook Authors/Bloggers Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1829166787333493/
Check out the paperback Here for UK readers.
Thanks for stopping by to meet M.J. Mallon. Don’t forget to check out her paperback. ❤